Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ode to to Commode - Number Two

Another round of horrible / weird / unusual things that happen to me in bathrooms.  Such as this:


 What is that gaping white above the toilet paper, you ask?  At eye level to you, er, sitting?  Well let me show you:


Yes, that is a PERSON.  Sitting down and trying fervently to not make eye contact.  Which is why she didn't know I took her photo.  Cause, this happened.  And it happens a lot.


See what I mean?  I not only watched several people dry their hands, I made eye contact with two who were checking if the stall was occupied.

These things also happened recently:
  • Houston, TX Saltgrass - went into bathroom, grabbed first empty stall, sat, then while doing my business, looked up.  Now there is always a gap between the door and wall.  But FOUR INCHES???  I wondered, "Can people see in as well as I can see out?"  Then I got waved at by a child.  The answer to that question is YES. (not photo above; sadly, this was another occasion).
  • A young girl showed me her new panties while I was washing my hands.  I had to agree, that, yes, those are pretty butterflies, but oh, you shouldn't pull your dress over your head like that....
  • Bathrooms at the fair differ from most public events - like LARGE HUGE SUPER SCARY BUGS that are on the ceiling!  Heard the following while in a stall:  "What's that?!?!?!  "I don't know!  Kill it!  Kill it!"   Followed by screaming and the sound of pounding on bathroom walls, shaking the entire system in the process. I didn't get a photo, but I did sit and tremble in fear that some huge bug would land on me.  Fear makes it harder to pee, FYI.
And there you have it. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I hate those HUGE gaps in the stall walls. I fine a certain kind of joy in my heart when I walk into a public restroom and there are full doors that close on a hinge with a door knob. LOVE those. Second place are doors that don't face the sinks. I hate the gaps that directly face the mirrors. Even though people have their backs to the stalls, they look in the mirror and see directly into the stalls. The bathroom at our church have an unfortunate combination of stall door, mirror, exit door combo that reflects sight of the stalls right out into the gym. I can't even wash my hands in there if the doors are propped open. (sorry to all the 4 year olds who can't get into the bathroom on their own, but I am going to up-prop all the open entrance and exit doors and not have the visual goings on broadcast into the gym.
    I'm curious . . . what would you have done if the woman next to you noticed that you were taking a picture of her while she was on the toilet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she had looked at me, I still would have snapped the photo! But I think she had already glanced over and realized the awfulness of the situation and was studiously doing her business looking straight ahead!

    ReplyDelete